- News & Insights
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business, M.B.A.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
Cooper Overcash joined Woods Aitken in 2020 and is a member of the firm’s transactional group. His practice areas include business transactions, real estate, telecommunications, banking, and estate planning.
Cooper regularly counsels clients on business and corporate matters, including the formation of business entities and corporate governance matters, business acquisitions and dispositions, and entity reorganizations. In real estate, Cooper represents commercial and real estate developers in all phases of development, including acquisition, construction, financing, leasing, and sales. His estate planning practice includes developing and implementing estate plans, probate and trust administration, and business succession planning.
He also represents clients in the telecommunications industry, including rural local exchange carriers, interexchange carriers, and data communications/internet providers.
Cooper partners with his clients to understand their business objectives and strategic vision, helping them to achieve their short- and long-term goals.
Cooper draws on a wide range of experience in representing his clients, including prior positions at two leading national law firms in Dallas, Texas, where he counseled clients in mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate governance in financial services and capital markets. This experience enables him to guide clients effectively through a broad range of complex transactions.
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Corporate Governance and Compliance Law
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Earnouts (4/9/2021)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on S corporations and C corporations (1/4/2021)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Escrows and Holdbacks (12/2/2020)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Force Majeure Clauses (11/23/20)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Non-Disclosure Agreements (11/3/20)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Conducting Due Diligence, LinkedIn Article (9/12/20)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Drafting a Letter of Intent, LinkedIn Article (8/15/20)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on Equity v. Asset Transactions, LinkedIn Article (8/7/20)
- A Lawyer's Thinking on What to Consider When Preparing to Sell Your Company, LinkedIn Article (7/31/20)