- District of Columbia Bar
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Fifth and Tenth Circuits)
- Wright State University, B.A. (magna cum laude)
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law with a Certificate of completion from The Institute for Communications Law Studies, J.D.
Tom Moorman’s primary area of practice is the representation of a variety of telecommunications clients before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and a number of state regulatory commissions. He represents incumbent telephone companies, competitive local exchange carriers, and interexchange carriers. Tom has been involved in a number of acquisitions providing both federal and state regulatory assistance, legal and public policy proceedings regarding issues associated with federal and state Universal Service, exchange access and recovery including those arising from the implementation of the aftermath of the FCC's 2011 USF/ICC Transformation Order. Tom also continues his work associated with implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996's interconnection framework - agreement negotiations and arbitration - as well as the implementation issues associated with such agreements.
After four years of private practice, Tom became an attorney/advisor in the Office of General Counsel of the Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia (1988 – 1991). From 1991 to 1995, he was the General Counsel, Regulatory and Industry Affairs for a cost consulting firm headquartered on the East Coast. Since 1995, he has been engaged in private practice in Washington, D.C., joining Woods Aitken, as a partner on January 1, 2006.
- Federal Communications Bar Association