With the increasing importance of ethanol and other renewable energy sources, Woods Aitken has developed a specialized practice in renewable energies to assist clients facing the unique and complex challenges and opportunities in these industries. To match this unique challenge, Woods Aitken has drawn upon the extensive experience and expertise of its attorneys in a variety of practice areas to provide the most comprehensive service possible.
Woods Aitken is able to draw upon the depth of its experience in administrative law, tax and regulatory matters to provide timely and cost-effective legal services that are responsive to the specific needs of its clients involved in the renewable fuels industry.
Woods Aitken attorneys have advised solar project developers and owners site acquisition, due diligence, lease negotiation, construction matters, easement issues and power purchase agreements.
Woods Aitken has a wide variety of experience in representing owners and developers with respect to wind energy projects, including in wind energy projects, including site acquisition, due diligence, lease negotiation, construction matters, easement issues and related matters.
- Woods Aitken traces its history, experience and involvement in the energy industry to its representation of national and international energy-related construction companies starting in the 1960s.
- Members of the Banking and Financial Institutions group have represented a national bank in financing the construction of, and permanent financing for, various ethanol plants in the Midwest and Western regions of the United States.
- Members of the Construction, Business Services, and Taxation groups have applied their combined expertise in advising an entity to be formed for the sole purpose of serving as a design-build construction contractor in the biodiesel and ethanol industries.
- Members of the Construction group have been asked to review design-build and other related construction contracts for ethanol facilities to ascertain the scope of warranty and indemnification coverage for owners and their lenders.
- Members of the Real Estate Group have worked closely with lenders and owners in ethanol plant financing to obtain and review title insurance, construction and operating permits, surveys, appraisals and environmental reports relating to the sites for ethanol plants.
- Members of the Bankruptcy Services group have provided experience and expertise in analyzing insolvency and collateral risks affecting aspects of commercial transactions in the renewable fuels industry.
- With centrally-located offices in Denver, Lincoln, and Omaha, Woods Aitken has been able, historically, to negotiate successful transactions with contractors, owners, lenders and other interested parties from all regions of the country.