- News & Insights
Woods Aitken has represented corporate clients as well as individuals in all chapters of bankruptcy – Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13 – acting both as creditor’s counsel, creditor’s committee counsel, trustee’s counsel and counsel for debtors. The Firm possesses extensive experience in large and small corporate and individual bankruptcies.
- James A. Overcash, Partner in the Firm, serves as Chapter 12 Standing Trustee and a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the District of Nebraska.
- Members of the Firm have served as officers and on committees of the Bar Association Sections concerned with bankruptcy law. Members are also involved in planning and participating in bankruptcy law seminars.
- The Firm offers extensive experience in case management of information and documentation in large, complex bankruptcy cases, including preparation of schedules, statements of financial affairs, plans and disclosure statements, and preparation, filing and prosecution of claims.
- The Firm also has experience in preference and asset recovery actions, filing over 300 such actions in a large financial institution bankruptcy. Such actions resulted in recoveries of over $10 million for the various estates and secured creditors.
- The Firm has also represented various financial institutions in filing and prosecuting claims in all Chapters of the Bankruptcy Code.