- News & Insights
Woods Aitken provides a variety of real estate services representing commercial and residential developers throughout all phases of real estate development including acquisition, construction and permanent financing, construction and development, leasing, and sales.
The Firm also provides residential real estate services representing sellers and purchasers in all phases of the sale or purchase of their homes or rental properties, from the preparation of the purchase contract through closing.
- In representing clients in commercial real estate development, members of the Firm specializing in real estate development and construction contract review work together to provide developers with expertise throughout all phases of a development.
- Members of our Firm counsel our clients with respect to like-kind exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, assist our clients with the preparation of necessary documentation, and work with qualified intermediaries to complete exchanges.
- Our attorneys provide real estate leasing services for office, commercial, industrial, and retail properties, including the negotiation of commercial leases on behalf of property owners with national credit tenants, and the preparation of long-term ground leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Members of the Firm have been active in national, state, and local bar association activities relating to real estate. Members of the Firm have also participated in local and national seminars on various real estate topics.
- In order to provide a full range of real estate services to our clients, the Firm works closely with title companies, brokers, and lenders to ensure that our clients’ needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Firm is able to provide its clients with access to professionals who specialize in local zoning and land use planning in all areas of the country.
Our attorneys assist clients with the sale or purchase of commercial, office, multi-family, industrial, and agricultural real estate.
Our attorneys help clients solve zoning and regulatory requirements for the development and use of their real estate.
We advise clients on tax increment financing, opportunity zone financing, historical tax credits, low income housing tax credits, and other tax and governmental incentives for the development of real estate.
We assist landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating leases of all types of commercial and investment real estate.
Our attorneys assist lenders and borrowers with their commercial real estate financing.
We assist clients with planning and completing complex like-kind exchanges of real estate to defer income taxes under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Woods Aitken is recognized in Chambers USA 2022 under Nebraska: Real Estate.