- News & Insights
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Nebraska, B.S.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
Kerry Kester has practiced law with Woods Aitken since 1981 focusing on construction contracting, construction dispute resolution, and counseling of general and specialty contractors, owners, subcontractors, sureties, design professionals, and suppliers.
Kerry’s experience includes counseling clients regarding claims and dispute avoidance, lien and bond claims, contract negotiations and project management. It also includes mediation, arbitration, and appeals before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and the federal boards of contract appeals. He has handled disputes on local, state, and federal projects as well as on private projects.
Kerry is involved in professional and industry organizations and is a frequent speaker and writer on construction related topics. He is a past member of the Governing Committee of the ABA’s Forum on Construction Law, is a past Chair of the Project Delivery Division (4) of the Forum, and is Lead Editor of the Forum’s Design-Build Deskbook (4th Edition 2010).
- American Arbitration Association
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Colorado State Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- AV Preeminent™ Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 in the fields of Construction Law and Litigation-Construction
- Who’s Who Legal: Construction