- News & Insights
Woods Aitken represents a large number of corporate, limited liability company, partnership and proprietorship entities in all phases of business planning, from the initial planning and formation of an enterprise through the many and varied business transactions occurring thereafter.
The Firm has worked on business legal projects and problems ranging from the internal mechanics of business operations, including planning for international operations, to the purchase or sale of operating divisions or subsidiaries, or the entire entity.
In representing clients in the planning and formation of a business enterprise, the Firm counsels its clients relating to the various characteristics of the business entity choices based on the objectives of the owners of the entity.
The Firm also advises its clients relating to all aspects of the operations of a business enterprise including, but not limited to:
- Contract provisions and review
- Labor matters
- Shareholder or partner relations
- Executive compensation matters
- Corporate or entity succession planning
- Corporate, limited liability company or partnership compliance matters
- Real estate and personal property acquisition and disposition
- Reorganizations, liquidations and dissolutions
Members of the Firm have been and are active in national, state and local bar association activities relating to business and entity representation and conduct seminars related to various business planning, entity selection, and related federal and state tax topics.
Through an informal network and professional associations with various law firms in major metropolitan and financial center areas around the world, Woods Aitken offers its clients access to internationally-recognized specialization through existing trusted relationships with the Firm.
Woods Aitken attorneys serve as counsel and advisors to various business organizations and business owners across a spectrum of industries. We have experience with all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including the formation, organization and restructuring of business entities, as well as corporate governance and compliance. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Design and implementation of corporate or company structures for business organizations and business owners across the full corporate spectrum, such as corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Design and drafting of limited liability company and shareholder agreements covering the control of businesses by or among various business owners.
- Design and implementation of corporations and LLCs with multiple shareholders/members.
- Management of all aspects of corporate governance including annual and special meetings and regulatory compliance.
Woods Aitken has a broad array of experience in mergers, acquisitions, sales and other strategic transactions. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Design and implementation of equity acquisitions of various business entities.
- Negotiation and implementation of successful sale of assets or stock of a variety of business entities.
- Negotiation and implementation of successful sale of stock by shareholders in closely held business corporations to key employees or stakeholders.
The Firm represents clients involved in the purchase or sale of business entities or their assets, including the financing of such acquisitions by owners or by banks and other financial institutions, and the acquisition of banks and branch offices for financial institution clients.