James A. Overcash
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Fourth & Eighth Circuits)
- University of Nebraska, B.S.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
James Overcash practiced law with Woods Aitken from 1987 to 1992 with an emphasis in construction law, bankruptcy, and commercial litigation. From 1992 to 2002, James occupied positions of general counsel and chief financial officer in the construction industry. He rejoined Woods Aitken in 2002 representing clients in construction, commercial, regulatory, and business matters and serving as a bankruptcy trustee.
James regularly serves as a Chapter 7 Panel Bankruptcy Trustee and a Chapter 12 Standing Bankruptcy Trustee. Additionally, James has multiple case experience as a Chapter 11 Trustee.
In addition to bankruptcy work, James advises and represents contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, manufacturers, design professionals, sureties, and financial institutions in all aspects of construction projects including project and contract original and dispute resolution. James has extensive experience in construction contract formation, negotiations, and project management.
James has experience at lecturing and providing seminars on bankruptcy and construction related topics before client and industry groups.
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Fellow of the Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Association of Chapter Twelve Trustees
- Chapter 12 Standing Trustee, District of Nebraska
- Chapter 7 Panel Trustee, District of Nebraska
- Nebraska Bankruptcy Practice Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 in the fields of Construction Law and Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Best Lawyers® 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” for Construction Law in Lincoln, NE
- Best Lawyers® 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Lincoln, NE
News & Insights
The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 Recognizes Woods Aitken Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Recognizes Woods Aitken Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Recognizes Woods Aitken Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 Recognizes 14 Attorneys from Woods Aitken
The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 Recognizes 15 Attorneys from Woods Aitken
Overcash Appointed to Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the District of Nebraska
The Best Lawyers in America© 2018 Recognizes 15 Attorneys from Woods Aitken
The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 Recognizes 13 Attorneys from Woods Aitken
The Best Lawyers in America© 2016 Recognizes 11 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP
Beyond the Law
- Lincoln Journal Star 2022 Inspire Advisory Board