- Missouri (inactive)
- Nebraska (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- U.S. District Court - Colorado
- U.S. District Court - Nebraska
- U.S. District Court - Wisconsin (Western District)
- Augustana University, B.A. (summa cum laude)
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude)
Laura DePetro joined Woods Aitken in 2014 and is a partner in the firm's Denver office. She is a member of the firm’s litigation group, working in the commercial litigation and construction law practice areas.
Laura received her J.D. from Creighton University Law School, where she participated in trial team, was a member of the Creighton Law Review and Moot Court Board and received numerous CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. During law school, Laura clerked for a mid-size firm in Omaha in both the litigation and transactional groups. Upon graduation, Laura served as a federal judicial clerk for the Honorable Gary A. Fenner of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri in Kansas City. Prior to joining Woods Aitken, Laura worked for a sophisticated, boutique law firm in Kansas City, Missouri.
Laura loves practicing law in Woods Aitken’s Denver office. She passionately believes Woods Aitken provides its clients a unique, client-focused experience where she and her colleagues collaborate as a team to creatively solve disputes and problems. Laura enjoys how the firm treats its clients holistically, making it a “one-stop shop” for any client’s needs.
Laura has experience representing clients in state and federal court, in arbitration, and on appeals. She represents all types of construction companies on public and private jobs, whether it is a contract dispute, design deficiencies, a negligence claim, or complex delay and schedule issues. Laura and her colleagues collaborate with their construction clients on pre-litigation and risk management strategies, including drafting and negotiating contracts.
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Colorado Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Women in eDiscovery, Denver Chapter
- 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® recognitions for Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, and Litigation-Construction
News & Insights
Beyond the Law
Laura and her husband, Nick, enjoy attending live music and traveling together. She’s an avid sports fan and has adopted, as her own, all Colorado sports teams. Laura dotes on their goldendoodle, Eleanor, because she’s a sophisticated and fluff fur-lady. If Laura is not at work or with her husband, you can find Laura attempting to exercise and read novels at the same time.