- News & Insights
- Beyond the Law
- Nebraska Supreme Court
- Iowa Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.S.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
Jerry Pigsley is a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group. He has over 38 years of experience representing public and private sector employers in labor and employment law, including employment litigation in federal and state courts and litigation matters before federal and state administrative agencies. Jerry also represents management in collective bargaining negotiations.
Jerry is a Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. His election as a Fellow is based on sustained outstanding performance in the profession, exemplifying integrity, dedication and excellence.
- The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section, Past Chairman
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Chambers USA 2022 for Nebraska: Labor & Employment (Band 1 Ranking)
- Best Lawyers in America© 2023 in the fields of Labor Law-Management and Employment Law-Management. This marks the 14th consecutive edition that Jerry has been listed in Best Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Labor Law-Management “Lawyer of the Year” in Lincoln.
- Jerry is recognized as an AV Preeminent™ Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell (2002-2023) where he is also listed as a Top Rated Litigator (2022)
- Great Plains Super Lawyer in the area of Labor & Employment (2007-2022)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1% by American Registry (2022)
- 2018 Boss of the Year by the Lincoln Legal Professionals Association
- Marquis Who's Who in America
- Chapter Editor, The Fair Labor Standards Act (BNA, 1999)
- Chapter Contributor, Independent Contractor State by State Legal Guide (Wiley Law)
- Monthly Contributor to Lincoln Independent Business Association News & Views
- Contributor to Lincoln Human Resource Management Association Newsletter
- Contributor to Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association The Retailer
- Sesostris Shrine, Past Potentate, Past Clown Unit Director, 2015 Clown of the Year
- Scottish Rite Valley of Lincoln, Past Venerable Master, Lodge of Perfection, 32° Knight Commander of the Court of Honor
- Cotner Lodge No. 297 A.F. & A.M., Past Master
- Lincoln Northeast Sertoma Club, Past President and Member, 2015-2016 Club Sertoman of the Year
- President of Spina Bifida Association of Star City
- National Kidney Foundation of Nebraska, Past Board President
- Greater Nebraska Alumni Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi, Past Board President
Jerry and his wife, Gina, have been married for 41 years and have two children, Becky and Scott. Jerry is active in the Sesostris Shrine in Lincoln, Nebraska, serving as the temple’s Potentate in 2021. Jerry was appointed by the Shriners’ Imperial Potentate to serve on the Shriners International Jurisprudence & Laws Committee during the Shriners’ 2021 Imperial Session held in Houston, Texas.