- Nebraska Supreme Court
- Iowa Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.S.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
Jerry Pigsley is a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group. He has over 38 years of experience representing public and private sector employers in labor and employment law, including employment litigation in federal and state courts and litigation matters before federal and state administrative agencies. Jerry also represents management in collective bargaining negotiations.
Jerry is a Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. His election as a Fellow is based on sustained outstanding performance in the profession, exemplifying integrity, dedication and excellence.
- The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section, Past Chairman
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Chambers USA, Nebraska: Labor & Employment, 2014-2023 (Band 1 Ranking)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law-Management, Employment Law-Management, 2010-2024
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” for Labor Law-Management in Lincoln, NE, 2021
- AV Preeminent™ Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, 2002-2024; Top Rated Litigator, 2022
- Great Plains Super Lawyer, Labor & Employment, 2007-2023
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1% by American Registry, 2023
- Boss of the Year by the Lincoln Legal Professionals Association, 2018
- Marquis Who's Who in America
- Chapter Editor, The Fair Labor Standards Act (BNA, 1999)
- Chapter Contributor, Independent Contractor State by State Legal Guide (Wiley Law)
- Monthly Contributor to Lincoln Independent Business Association News & Views
- Contributor to Lincoln Human Resource Management Association Newsletter
- Contributor to Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association The Retailer
News & Insights
Beyond the Law
- Sesostris Shrine, Past Potentate, Past Clown Unit Director, 2015 Clown of the Year
- Scottish Rite Valley of Lincoln, Past Venerable Master, Lodge of Perfection, 32° Knight Commander of the Court of Honor
- Cotner Lodge No. 297 A.F. & A.M., Past Master
- Lincoln Northeast Sertoma Club, Past President and Member, 2015-2016 Club Sertoman of the Year
- President of Spina Bifida Association of Star City
- National Kidney Foundation of Nebraska, Past Board President
- Greater Nebraska Alumni Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi, Past Board President
Jerry and his wife, Gina, have been married for 43 years and have two children, Becky and Scott. Jerry is active in the Sesostris Shrine in Lincoln, Nebraska, serving as the temple’s Potentate in 2021. Jerry was reappointed by the Shriners’ Imperial Potentate to serve on the Shriners International Jurisprudence & Laws Committee during the Shriners’ 2023 Imperial Session held in Charlotte, North Carolina.