- News & Insights
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- B.A., University of Colorado
For 35 years Dan Gross has represented contractors, suppliers, sureties, owners, and design professionals in the public and private construction arenas. Dan is focused on bringing value to clients through his handling of complex claims and disputes in mediation, arbitration, and litigation before state and federal courts and administrative bodies, and federal boards of contract appeals.
He has tried more than 75 cases in litigation and arbitration.
His experience covers a wide range of construction including pipelines, bridges and roadways, dams, water and wastewater treatment plants, sports facilities, airports and other transit facilities, industrial plants, conventional and alternative energy generation, hospitals, prisons, hotels, commercial and residential buildings, hazardous waste remediation, and power transmission.
Dan provides his construction clients with a broad range of legal services, including:
- Preparation and review of bid documents and RFPs
- Public contract bid protests
- Preparation, prosecution and defense of construction claims such as delays, changes, defective specifications, differing site conditions, suspension and termination, prompt payment, and prevailing wage
- Construction defect litigation
- Insurance claims and coverage disputes
- Commercial disputes
He also has an active alternative dispute resolution practice and has served as a panel arbitrator in over 50 arbitration proceedings, including more than 20 handled through award.
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Commercial and Industry Arbitrators
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 in the field of Construction Law
- “Top Lawyer” for Construction Law by 5280, Denver’s Mile High Magazine
- Obermeyer Hydro Accessories, Inc. v. CSI Calendering, Inc., 852 F.3d 1008 (10th Cir. 2017)
- New Design Constr. Co., Inc. v. Hamon Contractors, Inc., 215 P.3d 1172 (Colo.App. 2008)
- Tricon Kent Co. v. Lafarge North America, Inc., 186 P.3d 155 (Colo.App. 2008)