- News & Insights
Personal Injury and Products Liability
Woods Aitken has experience in all facets of personal injury and products liability litigation. We understand the level of trust an accident victim places in his or her attorney to help recover damages for all of the different types of losses that can accompany an injury—medical bills, loss of wages and future earnings capacity, physical pain and suffering and emotional trauma, disability and disfigurement, as well as loss of consortium and companionship.
Our principal desire is for our clients to return to the lives they enjoyed before they suffered an accident and injuries. To the extent that the best medical treatment is not able to accomplish this result, we work to obtain the only other result that is available to the injured party—fair compensation in the form of a settlement or judgment.
- Our Firm offers services in such varied areas as motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, back injuries, carpal tunnel and other repetitive stress injuries, brain and spinal cord trauma, environmental and toxic torts, electrocutions or burn injuries, and the mental, emotional and psychological effects of trauma such as post traumatic stress disorders and depression.
- Members of the Firm are equipped to assist the client at every stage of the recovery process from an initial consultation through the completion of a jury trial.
- The Firm has a unique advantage in that our lawyers have experience as both defense counsel and plaintiff’s counsel. As such, we understand the process that insurance adjusters, risk managers and defense lawyers utilize in establishing the amount of damages and deciding which of their cases should be tried or settled.
- Members of the Firm also have extensive background in mediation and other techniques that increase the likelihood of obtaining fair settlements without our clients experiencing the inconvenience and emotional strain of trial.
- One of our attorneys who practices in this arena is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, an association that recognizes only one percent of the trial lawyers in the country for their experience and success in the courtroom.
- Members of the Firm have represented clients in injury cases in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Colorado. We have working relationships with economic, medical, engineering, and vocational rehabilitation experts who are essential to establishing the causation between an accident and its injuries and in quantifying damages.