Kari A. F. Scheer
- News & Insights
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- U.S. District Courts of Iowa (Northern and Southern Districts)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Western Michigan University, B.S. (magna cum laude)
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. (with high distinction)
Kari Scheer joined Woods Aitken in 2013 as a member of the firm’s construction law and commercial litigation practice groups. As part of the commercial litigation practice group, Kari advocates for businesses of all sizes throughout court proceedings, as well as alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including mediations and arbitrations. As part of the construction law practice group, she regularly represents companies and individuals within the industry, including general contractors, architectural, engineering, and other design professional firms, subcontractors, suppliers, and commercial property owners. She also has experience litigating personal injury and labor and employment matters.
Prior to Woods Aitken, Kari served as a law clerk for the Honorable William J. Riley, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Thereafter, she was a law clerk for the Honorable Linda R. Reade, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa. Most recently, she served as an assistant attorney general in the Civil Litigation Bureau of the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office.
In 2008, Kari graduated with high distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law. During law school, she served as the executive editor of the Nebraska Law Review and was named to the Order of the Coif.
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association, Board of Directors