- News & Insights
- Beyond the Law
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.S.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. (high distinction)
Audrey Svane joined the firm’s litigation group in 2015. Her practice includes construction law, commercial litigation, and product liability and personal injury claims. Audrey is licensed to practice law in Nebraska and Colorado.
Audrey advises and represents clients in various state courts, federal courts, mediation, arbitration, and on appeal. She also provides general risk management strategies to general contractors and subcontractors on a variety of construction-related matters, including drafting and analysis of contracts and claim preparation. She speaks regularly on construction-related topics to various trade groups and is a contributing author to the Nebraska Chapters of the State-By-State Guide to Architect, Engineer and Contractor Licensing (2nd edition), and State-by-State Guide to Design and Construction Contracts and Claims (2nd edition). Audrey is also an adjunct professor of Pretrial Litigation and Construction Practice at the University of Nebraska College of Law, her alma mater.
During law school, Audrey received multiple CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, was a problem writer for the Moot Court Board, and a member of the National Trial Team. She also had the opportunity to advise and represent clients in a variety of civil cases as a student attorney in the law college’s civil clinical law program. Audrey graduated from the University of Nebraska College of Law with high distinction and was elected by the law school faculty to both the Order of the Coif and Order of the Barristers.
- Robert Van Pelt Inns of Court, Associate Member
- Lancaster County Tenant Assistance Project, Volunteer Attorney
- Leadership Lincoln, Fellows XXXV
- 100s of Woman Who Care – Lincoln, Member
- Miracle Night for Madonna, Planning Committee Member
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognitions for Commercial Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- 2021 Great Plains Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction Litigation
- 2020 Friends of Legal Aid Attorney Partner Equal Justice Award
Prior to attending law school, Audrey received a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. During college, she was a member of the Nebraska Track and Field team, where she was named a two-year team captain and earned All-American honors in the high jump.
Audrey is a proud Texan, but while competing for the Huskers she met Jon—a teammate and native Nebraskan who would later become her husband. Jon quickly confirmed her sneaking suspicion that Lincoln, Nebraska, is a pretty good place to live and raise a family. The jury’s still out on whether their daughter will also share their love of track and field.
Aside from spending time with her family, Audrey loves to travel. From art museums to dive bars, whether trekking across the country or just exploring Lincoln, Audrey aims to discover all of the world’s hidden and not-so-hidden gems.