- News & Insights
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
Kaylen K. Akert joined Woods Aitken in 2015 after clerking at the firm for two years. Kaylen’s practice areas include business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, banking, real estate matters, and estate planning. She has experience in a variety of corporate issues, ranging from the initial planning and formation of a business, to contract review and drafting. Kaylen also has experience advising clients on creditor’s rights, remedies, and security interests.
Kaylen received her J.D., cum laude, from Creighton University School of Law. During law school, she was president of the Student Bar Association, senior lead articles editor for the Creighton Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Board, and received multiple CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. Kaylen received her B.A. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she majored in English and History.
- 100's of Women Who Care
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Omaha Metro Chapter
- Creighton Law Young Law Alumni Council
- Downtown Lincoln Association
- Downtown Lincoln Master Plan 2018 Project Committee
- Lincoln Haymarket Development Corporation
- Leadership Lincoln Fellows Class XXXIII
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- RISE Lincoln