- Woods Aitken received the 2015 Better Business Bureau (BBB) Integrity Award for Metro Lincoln Businesses with 50-149 employees. These awards focus on demonstrated ethical business practices with key stakeholders including customers, employees and community at large, rather than a company’s growth, profitability or popularity.
- Woods Aitken is recognized in Chambers USA 2020 under Colorado: Construction and Nebraska: Labor & Employment. Four of our attorneys are also included in the publication’s prestigious rankings.
- Woods Aitken received one National Tier 3 ranking (Construction Law) and 14 Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings (Colorado; Lincoln; Omaha) in the 2021 U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” listing. The firm also received an elite “Top Listed” ranking in Construction Law for the state of Nebraska with the most listed lawyers in a particular region and practice area.
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 features 22 of our attorneys (14 attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America list and eight attorneys named to the Ones to Watch list). Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. The Ones to Watch recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years.
- Nine of our attorneys have been included in the Thomson Reuters list of 2020 Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Woods Aitken is recognized in The National Law Journal’s 2016 Elite Trial Lawyers report. This distinction recognizes “law firms that have achieved high-dollar recoveries for clients and that did some of the most creative and significant work on the plaintiffs side.” In 2016, following a four-week trial, an Omaha jury awarded client Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. $108.9 million in a contractual indemnity and negligence case arising out of a ConAgra plant explosion. The award, more than double the largest in Nebraska history at the time, was identified by NLJ as one of the top verdicts of the year. The case is also featured in The National Law Journal’s Top 100 Verdicts of 2016.
- Many of our attorneys have achieved an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is a significant rating accomplishment and is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Five of our attorneys are recognized in Who’s Who Legal 2020. Since 1996, Who’s Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in multiple areas of law. Candidates are selected for inclusion in Who’s Who Legal through surveys and interviews with firm clients and private practice professionals.