- Nebraska State Courts
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eighth Circuit)
- University of Nebraska, B.S. in Business Administration
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
Terry Dougherty joined Woods Aitken in 1997 and concentrates his trial practice on plaintiff’s personal injury and products liability claims, commercial litigation, and construction law.
Prior to becoming a partner at Woods Aitken, Terry’s legal career included four years as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force, three years with the Office of the Lancaster County Attorney as a felony prosecutor, and seventeen years in private practice in Norfolk and Lincoln, Nebraska.
Terry is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the preeminent organization of trial lawyers in North America. Fellowship is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to exemplary trial lawyers who demonstrate the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality and have been engaged in trial work as their principal activity for a minimum of 15 years. Membership is restricted to no more than one percent of the total lawyer population of any state or province.
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2016-2024
- Great Plains Super Lawyer, Personal Injury, 2011-2022
- AV Preeminent™ Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Boss of the Year award from the Lincoln Legal Professionals Association, 2016
News & Insights