This webinar will be beneficial for business owners, in-house counsel, managers, and human resource professionals who deal with HR and personnel issues on a routine basis. The webinar is complimentary; however, registration is required.
Speaker(s): Woods Aitken labor and employment attorneys Jerry L. Pigsley and Joseph F. Willms. Learn from an experienced labor law practitioner on new developments coming from the National Labor Relations Board impacting union and non-union workplaces, such as:
- New guidelines on your social media policy, non-disparagement rules, personal recording device use, maintaining confidential information, and prohibition on offensive language.
- Expansion of employee access to employer property for union organizing.
- Changes in who are considered independent contractors and joint employers exposing you to increased liability.
- Responding to union use of inflatable rats and banners designed to apply pressure on neutral employers.
- Helpful “do’s and don’ts” when the union is seeking to represent your employees.
Woods Aitken attorney Joseph F. Willms will provide an update on Labor's 2021 Goal: Passage of Protecting the Right to Organize ("PRO") Act.
SHRM: Woods Aitken is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
HRCI: HRCI has pre-approved this activity for recertification credit toward the aPHR®, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, aPHRi™, PHRi™, GPHR® and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program. This program has been approved for 1.0 (General) recertification credit hours. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
Nebraska CLE: 1.0