Woods & Aitken provides a variety of real estate services representing commercial and residential developers throughout all phases of real estate development including acquisition, construction and permanent financing, construction and development, leasing, and sales.
- In representing clients in commercial real estate development, members of the Firm specializing in real estate development and construction contract review work together to provide developers with expertise throughout all phases of a development.
- Members of our Firm counsel our clients with respect to like-kind exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, assist our clients with the preparation of necessary documentation, and work with qualified intermediaries to complete exchanges.
- Our attorneys provide real estate leasing services for office, commercial, industrial and retail properties, including the negotiation of commercial leases on behalf of property owners with national credit tenants, and the preparation of long-term ground leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Members of the Firm have been active in national, state and local bar association activities relating to real estate. Members of the Firm have also participated in local and national seminars on various real estate topics.
- In order to provide a full range of real estate services to our clients, the Firm works closely with title companies, brokers, and lenders to ensure that our clients’ needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Firm is able to provide its clients with access to professionals who specialize in local zoning and land use planning in all areas of the country.
The Firm also provides residential real estate services representing sellers and purchasers in all phases of the sale or purchase of their homes or rental properties, from preparation of the purchase contract through closing.
- Woods & Aitken LLP Recognized in 2017 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® November 2, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 Recognizes 13 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP August 17, 2016
- Pigsley and Matejka Recognized in Chambers USA 2016 June 22, 2016
- Real Estate: Do I Need a Notary? February 19, 2016
- Woods & Aitken LLP Recognized in 2016 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® January 21, 2016
- POTENTIAL SCAM ALERT: Beware of Misleading Compliance Solicitations December 31, 2015
- Fleming, Svane Join Woods & Aitken LLP October 14, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2016 Recognizes 11 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP August 17, 2015