Woods & Aitken has been representing clients in the construction industry since the Firm was founded in 1921. The Firm has been involved in a large variety of contract formulation, negotiation and dispute resolution. Our attorneys are experienced in drafting and analyzing contracts, development and presentation of negotiation positions, litigation, arbitration, and participation in claim discussions and settlement proposals.
- In representing owners of construction projects during the planning phases, members of the Firm counsel our clients relative to all legal aspects of the conceptual design process, choice of project delivery systems, preparation and drafting of bidding documents, negotiated procurement alternatives, contract documentation, and dispute avoidance and resolution.
- Our attorneys are experienced in drafting and analyzing contracts for all types of project delivery arrangements, including design-bid-build, design-build/EPC, construction management at-risk, and bridging arrangements, and for all types of procurement situations.
- The Firm has been engaged to represent owners of construction projects, construction firms engaged in all facets of the industry including general, electrical and mechanical work, prime contractors and subcontractors, and surety companies.
- The Firm has represented clients in connection with a large variety of projects including:
|Data Centers||Government Facilities||Heavy Highways|
|Manufacturing Plants||Power Plants||Remediation|
|Residential Buildings||Schools||Shopping Centers|
|Steel Mills||Tunnels||Wastewater Treatment Plants|
|Water Treatment Facilities||Waterways||Other Projects|
- Members of the Firm serve on bar association committees concerned with the construction industry, present lectures on construction topics to legal and industry groups, and have written various articles and papers on current construction topics.
- Three attorneys in the Construction Law practice area have earned the distinction of being named Fellows in the American College of Construction Lawyers.
Members of the Firm have also handled a substantial number of bid protest matters before local, state, and federal authorities.
- $108.9 Million Win Ranked No. 17 in Top 100 Verdicts of 2016 May 17, 2017
- Allen L. Overcash named 2017 Boss of the Year by the Lincoln Legal Professionals Association May 16, 2017
- Heusinger Authors Article in the Journal of the American College of Construction Lawyers March 2, 2017
- Vint joins Woods & Aitken LLP January 24, 2017
- Freeman Named Partner at Woods & Aitken LLP January 11, 2017
- The National Law Journal Names Woods & Aitken LLP to 2016 Elite Trial Lawyers Report December 19, 2016
- Woods & Aitken LLP Recognized in 2017 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® November 2, 2016
- Erin Ebeler Rolf Co-Editor of The Construction Lawyer’s Guide to Labor and Employment Law, Second Edition September 1, 2016