Woods & Aitken represents a large number of corporate, limited liability company, partnership and proprietorship entities in all phases of business planning, from the initial planning and formation of an enterprise through the many and varied business transactions occurring thereafter.
- The Firm has worked on business legal projects and problems ranging from the internal mechanics of business operations, including planning for international operations, to the purchase or sale of operating divisions or subsidiaries, or the entire entity.
- In representing clients in the planning and formation of a business enterprise, the Firm counsels its clients relating to the various characteristics of the business entity choices based on the objectives of the owners of the entity.
- The Firm also advises its clients relating to all aspects of the operations of a business enterprise including, but not limited to:
- Contract provisions and review
- Labor matters
- Shareholder or partner relations
- Executive compensation matters
- Corporate or entity succession planning
- Corporate, limited liability company or partnership compliance matters
- Real estate and personal property acquisition and disposition
- Reorganizations, liquidations and dissolutions
- Members of the Firm have been and are active in national, state and local bar association activities relating to business and entity representation and conduct seminars related to various business planning, entity selection, and related federal and state tax topics.
- Through an informal network and professional associations with various law firms in major metropolitan and financial center areas around the world, Woods & Aitken offers its clients access to internationally-recognized specialization through existing trusted relationships with the Firm.