Creditors’ Rights & Debt Resolution
Woods & Aitken has represented corporate clients as well as individuals in all chapters of bankruptcy – Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13 – acting both as creditor’s counsel, creditor’s committee counsel, trustee’s counsel and counsel for debtors. The Firm possesses extensive experience in large and small corporate and individual bankruptcies.
- Joseph H. Badami, a partner in the Firm, has served as a Panel Trustee in Chapter 7 cases in the State of Nebraska for more than 30 years, and also as an attorney for creditor’s committees and creditors.
- Members of the Firm have served as officers and on committees of the Bar Association Sections concerned with bankruptcy law. Members are also involved in planning and participating in bankruptcy law seminars.
- The Firm offers extensive experience in case management of information and documentation in large, complex bankruptcy cases, including preparation of schedules, statements of financial affairs, plans and disclosure statements, and preparation, filing and prosecution of claims.
- The Firm also has experience in preference and asset recovery actions, filing over 300 such actions in a large financial institution bankruptcy. Such actions resulted in recoveries of over $10 million for the various estates and secured creditors.
- The Firm has also represented various financial institutions in filing and prosecuting claims in all Chapters of the Bankruptcy Code.
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2018 Recognizes 15 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP August 15, 2017
- Woods & Aitken LLP Recognized in 2017 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® November 2, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 Recognizes 13 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP August 17, 2016
- Woods & Aitken LLP Recognized in 2016 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® January 21, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2016 Recognizes 11 Attorneys from Woods & Aitken LLP August 17, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America Lists Seven Woods & Aitken LLP Attorneys in 2015 Edition August 20, 2014
- Basics of Reviewing a Bankruptcy Notice January 8, 2013