Frank H. Woods, one of the Firm’s founders, was also the founder of The Lincoln Telephone and Telegraph Company. Lincoln Telephone and Telegraph was a leading independent telecommunications company for many years and is now a part of Windstream Communications. Based upon this history, the Firm assists its telecommunications clients with a broad array of legal and regulatory services. The Firm’s lawyers practice regularly before many state utility commissions and the Federal Communications Commission. Additionally, members of the Firm assist telecommunications clients with all types of legal services related to their businesses.
- Members of the Firm have represented numerous parties in interconnection negotiations and arbitrations and related proceedings. Practice before state utility commissions has been, and is, a key component of the Firm’s telecommunications practice.
- Members of the Firm have represented numerous parties in certification applications, rate cases, show cause/complaint proceedings, change of control applications, and rule and policy-making proceedings.
- The Firm’s Washington D.C. office provides clients with lawyers who are experienced in practicing before the Federal Communications Commission.
- Clients are also provided services related to telecommunication business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financings, procurement of hardware and software, and negotiation and drafting of contracts relating to many facets of telecommunications business.
- Our Firm represents many independent local exchange carriers and state LEC groups and organizations in group arbitrations, policy proceedings and related regulatory proceedings.
- Members of the Firm have provided assistance in the drafting of state regulations and laws related to telecommunications.
- Members of the Firm have also provided representation on state and federal universal service fund dockets and ETC certifications proceedings.
Learn more about recent cases and events by reading our Telecommunications E-briefs.