Woods & Aitken provides an array of services to insurance companies, financial services organizations and brokers of financial and insurance products and services. The Firm works in partnership with its clients to help them understand and interpret regulatory changes; comply with national and state insurance laws and regulations; develop new products or pursue business initiatives; seize new opportunities through restructuring, formation of new entities, mergers or acquisitions; and by counseling executives and boards of directors on critical governance issues.
The Firm is equally comfortable in a leadership role or working in collaboration with in-house counsel on issues such as:
- State and Federal Regulatory Review and Interpretation
- Policy Drafting, Revisions, Filing and Amendment
- Company Formation, Merger/Consolidation, Dissolution, Mutual Holding Company Formation and Demutualization
- Block Acquisition and Sales
- Reinsurance Agreements
- Claims Reviews and Adjudication